With over 20 years of training experience, our online training course has been developed to give you the practical skills needed to become a freelance Paralegal. The four-part Distance Learning Programme is a fantastic opportunity to up skill and learn around your current job.
• Provides practical insight into the legal profession
• Understand the work and role of a freelance paralegal
• Build your confidence to apply for freelance positions
• Improve your employability with recognised training
• Provides employers with confidence in who they are hiring
• Understand how to perform certain task and why you are performing them
• Flexible distance learning to fit in around your work schedule
• 12 hours CPD accredited course
Civil court procedures and its duties.
Skills and principles required to carry out solicitors' instructions.
How to analyse a case file and extract relevant information.
How to prepare and present an application before a District Judge in chambers.
How to take notes in court during trials or hearings.
The duties involved in assisting barristers during criminal trials
How to take statements from witnesses.
Attending an Employment Tribunal including looking at a specific case study
The differences between attending court and a Tribunal
Optional - Day out of class which includes a tour of parts of the Inner Temple and Middle Temple as well as experiencing the Labyrinth that is the Royal Courts of Justice and learn how to find your way round this amazing place. Landmarks of 'Legal London' will be pointed out by a very experienced Guide. For further information on this please use this link
Additional fee of £12
LAW UNDERGRADUATES AND GRADUATES
• Complement your academic studies with practical skills
• Build confidence to apply for Freelance Positions whilst you study
• Broaden your CV with an accredited course
• Boost your core skills and learn new techniques to improve your productivity
• Increase knowledge in the Legal Sector to open new employment opportunities
• Build practical skills needed to work in the Legal Sector
• Gain valuable insight into the role of a Paralegal
• Open up new employment opportunities in a variety of work environments
FOREIGN QUALIFIED LAWYERS
• Learn about the English Legal System and procedures in the UK
After graduating from my Law Degree in 1982, I started working as a paralegal within an international law firm in London's West End. I quickly found there were practical skills I needed to excell at my job.
This course focuses on the practical skills you'll need to perform your duties and will build your confidence to go freelance.
Alongside tutoring, I run and manage NALP Training and NALP Membership body, avodocating for its members and getting paralegals recongnised for the work that they do.
If you have any questions about the course, please do get in touch. I'd be happy to help!
Please read our terms and conditions before enrolling - T&C